Last updated on July 16th, 2019 at 10:10 am
Reserve Bank of India Ombudsman Grievance against Banks, RBI Banking Lokpal Complaint Number for PNB, SBI, HDFC, AXIS, Bank of Baroda (BOB), ICICI Debit, UPI, Credit, Insurance, Life Insurance LIC India RBI Helpdesk and Customer Care Support.
Reserve Bank of India has introduced the Banking OMBUDSMAN SCHEME or popularly known as RBI Banking Lokpal in the year 2006 amended in July 2017. Which directs all commercial banks, regional rural banks and scheduled primary co-operative banks shall comply with the Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006 aka 2017. The Banking Sector has faced multifold growth in last 5 years. The Govt of India, (Modi Govt) has opened approx 300 million bank accounts of rural India (Villages). The cashless economy after de-monetization of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes has make Banking Sector busy. RBI has formed Ombudsman (an official appointed to investigate individuals’ complaints against a Banks). The customer can call directly RBI Helpdesk and register a complaint against Bank. The Toll-free number of RBI Complaint Against Bank is also available.
Table of Content
- 1 RBI Ombudsman Grievance: Complaint Online
- 2 Bank Complaint to RBI: (Form, Process, and Documents Required)
- 3 RBI Lokpal Complaints Register Online
- 4 FAQ: RBI Ombudsman Lokpal
RBI Ombudsman Grievance: Complaint Online
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Ombudsman is online complaint and customer help support system introduced by RBI in 2017. Also, RBI has launched the Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions 2019 i.e. (UPI, NEFT, RTGS, Aadhaar Based, Scan QR, PayTM, Airtel Banks, PhonePe, SBI, LIC, and other Banks). You can directly email to State (City, District Wise) RBI Ombudsman officials or Call/ register a complaint against Bank not solving the issue with transaction, FD, RD, Saving, Current Account, Deposit Account, Insurance, wrong charges deduction, or the Bank Manager is not helping you, Asking for documents (Aadhaar, PAN, Passport etc.). I will be providing a complete process to register a complaint in RBI.
RBI Banking Lokpal Complaint (Ombudsman) Schemes Launched
At present, RBI has two types of Ombudsman Schemes:
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006 as amended on 1 July 2017
- Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies, 2018 (NBFC)
- Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions 2019
All the Banking Complaint and Grievance Support is given under the rules and regulation laid down in the above schemes. Before registering a complaint against any bank or banking officials, you have to read these document carefully and understand the limitation of RBI and Grievance System.
Here, I am also providing brief information about RBI Ombudsman Scheme and Complaints.
First of all, the Reserve Bank appoints Chief General Manager or General Manager to handle Digital Transactions Complaints as well as General Banking Complaints state wise.
NOTE: There is no cost/ fee required to be paid to any person or body to participate in the RBI Ombudsman Complaints.
Bank Complaint to RBI: (Form, Process, and Documents Required)
In this section, you get complete process involving in RBI Ombudsman, Complaint & Grievance Systems. Follow these steps to register a complaint against Banks in Reserve Bank of India.
Let’s understand, the grounds of complaint that are accepted by RBI:
Any person may file a complaint against Bank in the Banking Lokpal on the following grounds alleging deficiency in banking including internet banking or other services.
- The credit of amount differs from your deposited cash in Branch.
- demanding of commission in Cash Deposit or Withdrawal or Loans
- Not acceptance of small denomination notes (i.e. Rs 10, Rs 50, Rs 100, Rs 200) or Coins.
- Cheque deposit and (lost) issue complaints.
- Debit or Credit Card complaint in Bank but not helping in issuing new Debit Card without any reason.
- Delay in the payment or collection of cheques, drafts, bills.
- Not providing or delay in inward remittances.
- Not opening banks/ working hours of Bank/ Close bank early/ not giving sufficient time to deposit cash in Bank.
- Not sufficient window/ Rush in Bank.
- Refusing to open a Bank Accounts (Saving/ Current/ Deposit) without any reason.
- levying of charges without adequate prior notice to the customer.
Non-adherence to the instructions of Reserve Bank Lokpal Complaints against ATM /Debit Card and Prepaid Card operations in India by the bank or its subsidiaries on any of the following:
- ATM Issue: Bank account debited but cash not dispensed by ATMs
- POS/ Card Swipe Complaint: Bank account debited more than once for one withdrawal in ATMs or for POS transaction
- Less/Excess amount of cash dispensed by ATMs
- Debit in the account without the use of the card or details of the card
- Use of stolen/cloned cards
Reserve Bank on credit card operations on any of the following:
Do you have any Credit Card? Here are few complaints & Support that RBI accepts and resolve the issue related to the Credit Card Banking Lokpal.
- Annual Fee on Credit Card: If you have got card fee for a lifetime and now Banks are charging Annual Fee/ Service Charge. Just approach to RBI Banking Credit Card Lokpal Helpdesk.
- Wrong Credit Card billing, debits – Bank customer care not helping.
- Asking to give you more add-on cards, insurance for card. Lost of Phone Calls from Banks for Credit Card. (Report to RBI Helpdesk)
- Bank Recovery Agent threatening calls/ inappropriate approach. Ask for a commission/ money by Banks otherwise, send recovery agents.
- Wrong reporting of credit information to Credit Information Bureau
- Delay or failure to review and correct the credit status on account of wrongly reported credit information to the Credit Information Bureau.
RBI Digital Transaction Complaints for Internet Banking, IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, Wallets, UPI Apps Lokpal Complaints, SBI, BOI, Axis, ICICI, PNB Bank Apps RBI Lokpal Helpline & Online Complaints:
- Payment transactions through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) / Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) / Bharat QR Code / UPI QR Code.
- Not crediting beneficiary account/ fund transfer issue.
- Reversal of failed transaction beneficiary’s account, the return of funds of failure transaction are not reversed in time.
- Failure to / delay in refund of money back to account in case of transaction failure or declined transactions (i.e. failed transactions
- UPI Apps related issue (including failed/ transaction not completed).
- Report the UPI App security/ fraud breach.
- Customer Care are not helping in UPI, IMPS, NEFT, Bharat QR Code, PayTM, PhonePe
- Extra or Wrong fees / charges are taken by Banks
- Online/ Netbanking Transaction Complaints (RBI Lokpal Helpdesk)
- Not opening Online Internet Banking Accounts, not giving transaction rights in bank accounts
- Not helping with reset on MPIN/ Internet Banking Login Password.
- Fraud in Internet Banking/ not blocking or helping in the reversal of amount
- Failure to reverse the amount debited from customer account in cases of failed payment transactions within the prescribed timeline
- Failure to act upon stop-payment instructions
RBI Banking Lokpal Complaint Form
After understanding the issue and RBI Ombudsman Schemes 2017 and 2019. You can now download RBI Lokpal Complaint Form and Fill it correctly and send it to Lokpal (RBI Ombudsman) Email-ID, Address or WhatsApp Support (if available).
Following are the requirements:-
(a) The name and the address of the complainant
(b) The name and address of the branch or office of the System Participant against which the complaint is made
(c) The facts giving rise to the complaint
(d) The nature and extent of the loss caused to the complainant
(e) The relief sought for.
Note: The customer/ representative of the complainant must attach supporting documents of your complaints in RBI Banking Lokpal.
RBI Banking Lokpal Rules
So, you have understood the RBI Ombudsman Scheme is for helping customer facing difficulty with Banking Services. The complaints made in RBI Banking Lokpal must adhere following rules (Before sending complaint form, you should fulfill following rules of RBI Lokpal).
- Has made a written representation to the Bank who had rejected the complaint OR
- The complainant had not received any reply within a period of one month after the Bank received her/his representation OR
- The complainant is not satisfied with the reply given to her/him by the Bank. OR
- The complaint is made not later than one year after the complainant has received the reply of the Banks to her/ his representation or, where no reply is received, not later than one year and one month after the date of the representation to the Bank.
RBI Complaint Form (.PDF) Banking Lokpal Application Form
Download RBI Banking Lokpal.PDF complaint form available given below and fill it carefully and completely. The following information is required.
For General Banking (RBI Ombudsman)
FORM OF COMPLAINT (TO BE LODGED) WITH THE BANKING OMBUDSMAN (TO BE FILLED UP BY THE COMPLAINANT)
The Banking Ombudsman
Place of BO’s office……………………………….
Sub: Complaint against…………………………. (Name of the bank’s branch) of ……………………………….. (Name of the Bank)
Details of the complaint are as under:
- Name of the Complainant ………………………
- Full Address of the Complainant ……………………… Pin Code, Phone No/ Fax No. ……………………….. Email……………………..
- Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/bank) Pin Code: ……………………….. Phone No. /Fax No. ………………………………..
- Particulars of Bank or Credit card Account (If any) (Please state the number and nature of account viz. Saving bank/ current/ cash credit/ term deposit/ loan account etc. related to the subject matter of the complaint being made.)
- (a) Date of representation already made by the complainant to the bank (Please enclose a copy of the representation)
(b) Whether any reminder was sent by the complainant? YES/NO (Please enclose a copy of the reminder )
- The subject matter of the complaint (Please refer to Clause 8 of the Scheme)
- Details of the complaint: (If space is not sufficient, please enclose a separate sheet
Download Complete RBI Lokpal General Banking Ombudsman Complaint Form (PDF)
For Digital Transaction (UPI, NEFT, Internet Banking, RTGS, Bharat QR)
The Ombudsman for Digital Transactions
Place of Ombudsman office…………………
Sub: Complaint against…………………………. (Name of the branch of System Participant) of ………………………………………………………………………………………….. (Name of the System Participant)
Details of the complaint are as under:
- Name of the Complainant ……………………….
- Full Address of the Complainant ……………………………………………….. Pin Code ……….Phone No/ Fax No……………………………. Email
- Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/ System Participant) Pin Code ………………………. Phone No. / Fax No………………………………..
- Particulars of branch/ System Participant (If any) (Please state the number and the nature of the wallet/ instrument related to the subject matter of the complaint being made.)
- (a) Date of representation already made by the complainant to the System Participant (Please enclose a copy of the representation)……………………………..
(b) Whether any reminder was sent by the complainant? YES/NO (Please enclose a copy of the reminder)……………..
- The subject matter of the complaint (Please refer to Clause 8 of the Scheme)
- Details of the complaint: (If space is not sufficient, please enclose separate sheet)
Download Complete RBI Digital Transaction Lokpal Form (PDF) below:
RBI Lokpal Complaints Register Online
The Reserve Bank of India has formed Banking Lokpal Offices state-wise to resolve the customer complaints against banks. After filling RBI Ombudsman Complaint Application Form, you have to send it to your state or area of operation. Also, you can lodge an online complaint at RBI Lokpal website directly. Also Note: The customer has to fill the above form completely and sent it to RBI Banking Lokpal. (There are two different form one is for (General Banking under the RBI Ombudsman Scheme 2006 as amended in 2017) and another form is for (Digital Transaction Scheme 2019). So, choose wisely.
Banking Ombudsman Complaint Tracking Software is developed by Reserve Bank of India to facilitate RBI Banking Ombudsman. To register complaint online, you must read these points first:
First, approach your bank with a written complaint.
You can approach the Banking Ombudsman only if:
- You have not received a reply from your bank within one month from the date of receipt of complaint by the bank OR
- The bank has rejected your complaint OR
- You are not satisfied with bank’s reply
|S.No||State (Area of Complaint)||RBI Ombudsman
|RBI Banking Lokpal
(Address/ Online Complaint)
|RBI Digital Lokpal Address, Email-Id|
|1.||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana||Hyderabad||C/o Reserve Bank of India
6-1-56, Secretariat Road
Saifabad, Hyderabad-500 004
STD Code: 040
Tel. No. 23210013/23243970
Fax No. 23210014
|2.||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura||Guwahati||C/o Reserve Bank of India
Station Road, Pan Bazar
STD Code: 0361
Fax No. 2540445
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|3.||Gujarat, Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu||Ahmedabad||C/o Reserve Bank of India
La Gajjar Chambers, Ashram Road
STD Code: 079
Tel. No. 26582357/26586718
Fax No. 26583325
|4.||Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Union Territory of Chandigarh and Panchkula, Yamuna Nagar and Ambala Districts of Haryana.||Chandigarh||C/o Reserve Bank of India 4th Floor, Sector 17 Chandigarh
Tel. No. 0172 – 2721109
Fax No. 0172 – 2721880
|5.||Karnataka||Bengaluru||C/o Reserve Bank of India
10/3/8, Nrupathunga Road
Bengaluru -560 001
STD Code: 080
Tel. No. 22210771/22275629
Fax No. 22244047
|6.||Tamil Nadu, Union Territories of Puducherry (except Mahe Region) and Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Chennai||C/o Reserve Bank of India
Fort Glacis, Chennai 600 001
STD Code: 044
Tel No. 25395964
Fax No. 25395488
|7.||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||C/o Reserve Bank of India
Post Box No. 32, Bhopal-462 011
STD Code: 0755
Tel. No. 2573772/2573776
Fax No. 2573779
|8.||Odisha||Bhubaneswar||C/o Reserve Bank of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Marg Bhubaneswar-751 001 STD Code: 0674 Tel. No. 2396207/2396008 Fax No. 2393906
|9.||Rajasthan||Jaipur||C/o Reserve Bank of India,
Ram Bagh Circle,
Tonk Road, Post Box No. 12
STD Code: 0141
Tel. No. 0141-5107973
Fax No. 0141-2562220
|10.||Uttar Pradesh (excluding Districts of Ghaziabad, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Saharanpur, Shamli (Prabudh Nagar), Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat, Meerut, Bijnor and Amroha (Jyotiba Phule Nagar)||Kanpur||C/o Reserve Bank of India
M. G. Road, Post Box No. 82
STD Code: 0512
Tel. No. 2306278/2303004
Fax No. 2305938
|11.||West Bengal and Sikkim||Kolkata||C/o Reserve Bank of India
15, Netaji Subhash Road
STD Code: 033
Tel. No. 22304982
Fax No. 22305899
|12.||Bihar||Patna||C/o Reserve Bank of India
STD Code: 0612
Tel. No. 2322569/2323734
Fax No. 2320407
|13.||Maharashtra and Goa||Mumbai||C/o Reserve Bank of India 4th Floor, RBI Byculla Office Building, Opp. Mumbai Central Railway Station, Byculla,
STD Code: 022
Tel No. 23022028 Fax:23022024
|14.||Kerala, Union Territory of Lakshadweep and Union Territory of Puducherry (only Mahe Region).||Thiruvananthapuram||C/o Reserve Bank of India
STD Code: 0471
Tel. No. 2332723/2323959
Fax No. 2321625
|15.||Haryana (except Panchkula, Yamuna Nagar and Ambala Districts) and Ghaziabad and Gautam Budh Nagar districts of Uttar Pradesh||New Delhi (II)||C/o Reserve Bank of India
Sansad Marg, New Delhi
STD Code: 011
Tel. No. 23724856
Fax No. 23725218-19
|16.||Jharkhand||Ranchi||C/o Reserve Bank of India
4th Floor, Pragati Sadan,
Kutchery Road, Ranchi
STD Code: 0651
|17.||Uttarakhand and seven districts of Uttar Pradesh viz., Saharanpur, Shamli (Prabudh Nagar), Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat, Meerut, Bijnor and Amroha (Jyotiba Phule Nagar)||Dehradun||C/o Reserve Bank of India
74/1 GMVN Building, 3rd floor, Rajpur Road,
Dehradun – 248 001
STD Code: 0135
|18.||Chhattisgarh||Raipur||C/o Reserve Bank of India 54/949, Shubhashish Parisar, Satya Prem Vihar Mahadev Ghat Road, Sundar Nagar, Raipur- 492013
STD Code: 0771
|19.||State of Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu||C/o Reserve Bank of India
Rail Head Complex,
STD Code: 0191
|20.||Delhi||New Delhi (I)||C/o Reserve Bank of India,
Sansad Marg, New Delhi
STD Code: 011
Tel. No. 23725445/23710882
Fax No. 23725218
|Email: email@example.comOnline ComplaintRBI Lokpal Complaint Resolution: Award Period|
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Ombudsman Scheme (Banking and Digital Transaction) resolve the customer complaint resolution. RBI Award is the term used in the resolution of RBI Lokpal Scheme.
- An Award shall lapse and be of no effect unless the complainant furnishes to the System Participant concerned within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of copy of the Award, a letter of acceptance of the Award in full and final settlement of his/her claim.
- The Ombudsman for Digital Transactions may also award compensation in addition to the above but not exceeding rupees 1 Lakh INR to the complainant, taking into account the loss of the complainant’s time, expenses incurred by the complainant, harassment and mental agony suffered by the complainant.
- Award passed by the Ombudsman for Digital Transactions when it becomes final and send a report in this regard to the Reserve Bank within 15 days of the Award.
FAQ: RBI Ombudsman Lokpal
Here are few Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for RBI Banking Lokpal.
Question: Where can I complain online @RBI Lokpal?
Answer: Register online RBI https://secweb.rbi.org.in/odt/precompltindex.htm but website is not opening “This site can’t be reached
secweb.rbi.org.in took too long to respond.”
Question: When the RBI Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions 2019 was launched?
Answer: This scheme “RBI Digital Transactions 2019” was launched by Reserve Banking of India on 31 January 2019 under Section 18 Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
Question: Can I complain RBI regarding Bank Manager/ Officials?
Answer: Yes, you can fill the online or offline application form and sent it to region wise RBI Lokpal.
Question: When Can I report/ complain RBI against Bank/ Transaction.
Answer: First of all, you have to report your complaint to concerned BANK, if your bank refuses your complaint and not accept it. Wait for 30 days, and if you don’t get receive any reply and not happy with the BANK officials. Now, you can fill the RBI Banking Lokpal Complaint Form.
Question: Time limit for RBI Lokpal Complaint?
Answer: One can file an appeal against the Award or the decision of the Ombudsman rejecting the complaint, within 30 days of the date of receipt of communication of Award or rejection of the complaint. The Appellate Authority may, if satisfied that the applicant had sufficient cause for not making an appeal within the prescribed time, may allow a further period not exceeding 30 days.
Question: How does the Appellate Authority deal with the appeal?
Answer: The appellate authority may:
- Dismiss the appeal OR
- Allow the appeal and set aside the Award OR
- Remand the matter to the Ombudsman for fresh disposal in accordance with such directions as the Appellate Authority may consider necessary or proper OR
- Modify the Award and pass such directions as may be necessary to give effect to the Award so modified OR
- Pass any other order as it may deem fit.